Card Recognition

Thursday, April 12, 2012

life. laugh. love



Today's card was inspired by the current Retro Sketches and using some of the Artful Delight March kit.  I had one of those days yesterday and I think this motto is perfect for my outlook on today.  Plus I'm still shy a few book themed cards and my deadline is vastly approaching.


And this attempt #1 for my birthday card commission, don't think this meets what she's looking for, but that's what I was inspired to make.  

Materials: PTI All Booked Up, PTI Mat Stack 4 sentiment, My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart, doily, PTI kraft, rustic cream and dark chocolate card stock, PTI double sided banner, PTI 1 3/4th inch limitless layers die, EK Success 1 3/4th inch circle punch, Studio Calico butterfly stickers, Recollections Rhinestones, Tim Holtz vintage photo ink

Birthday Card: WPlus9 A Pocket Full, PTI Vintage Picnic, PTI Fillable Frames #4, PTI kraft card stock, water color pencils, Versfine black ink, Martha Stewart score pal

10 comments:

Rose said...

oh i love the one with the doily and how fun is that pocket full of flowers!! :)
have a great day girl :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Both of these are so earthy and rustic. I love them!

~amy~ said...

Oooh....love them both....I've been eyeing that WPlus9 set...

Christina said...

Love the neutral tones on your book-themed card--the doily highlights the image so beautifully! And I love the frame you layered over the pocket on the second card and the subtle scored lines!

Lynn said...

Your first one is my all time favorite card of yours...such an awesome design and I love the warm neutrals...and I'm so glad you got to play along with Retro Sketches on the second! Hope your week is going well...and that you're getting a few moments to yourself!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Erin, both your cards are flawless! LOVE the doily and that color scheme is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at RetroSketches this week!

Karen B. said...

Erin these are fabulous! Love the colors on the first one, and the design is superb. The second one--the scored lines add just the right about of oomph, I love it!

jen said...

I completely adore that first one. The colors, the balance, the beauty.... The second is fun- and I can see a bit of 'earthy'! :)

kasia c. said...

Both are fabulous but that top one is stunning! I love the neutral colour scheme and that beautiful doily. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches!

Lisa Petrella said...

Both of these cards are FANTASTIC, Erin!!! I LOVE the doily and die-cut butterflies in the first one!! And that pocket is FABULOUS!!!!