Card Recognition

Monday, November 19, 2012

many thanks


Simon Says Stamp Challenge is about thanks, and I'm so excited I got this new die, yippee...  Playing with Faber Castell gelatos, always fun to give a bit of a water color feel.



And my second thank you card is for the ScrapFIT crew, I don't think I have room in my google reader for another challenge, but these colors just happened to be perfect for one of the thank you cards I just made.  And have I already said how much I love being on the May Arts team?  The velvet corduroy is seriously fabulous... and I took the silk and dyed it with distress stain...  love, love, love...  So I'm going to play along with the Ribbon Carousel crew, their monthly challenge is "thanks" and must have ribbon.

Materials: First Card: Simon Says Memory Box die, Waltzingmouse Frame It sentiment, Faber Castell gelatos, bling, PTI rustic white card stock, Versafine black ink, water

Second card: Hero Arts background, PTI Pretty Peonies frame stamp and die, May Arts ribbon, Lil Inker stitched frame die, PTI kraft and dark chocolate card stock, Tim Holtz distress ink gathered twigs, Versafine black ink, Tim Holtz distress stain antique linen

6 comments:

jen said...

Well played! I'm really loving on the velvet corduroy these days too! Love that you found another challenge! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Erin :-) both are fabulous ! I love the way you used the die with gelato's so pretty and effective :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lynn said...

Two absolutely beauties...I especially love the earthy tones on the second one.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great cards! I love how you used the die in the first card and the earthy colors in the second one! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Karen B. said...

These both are so striking, and each so different. Great range in card making.

Lynn said...

Beautiful cards Erin! Love the simplicity of them It's always a pleasure to see your work. Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapFIT.