Card Recognition

Sunday, January 6, 2013

true friends and more...


Welcome to another 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.  I've used this week's Play Date Cafe colors as my color palette.  I tried my hand at Debby's technique (click here) for my something new for the Simon Says Challenge and the Hero Arts challenge and A Blog Named Hero challenges...  I think I have to keep working on it....  The stamp is also new...  I think you may see it again :)

Now go check out the rest of the 365 Cards DT and see what they've done with the sketch....
WendiRoseJenny, Annie and Janice     



And my bonus project for the day... I saw this photo on Pinterest and it called my name... so I thought I'd try the fun chalk art technique with these Unity stamps.  My new tweed HA background was perfect, so I added a piece of May Arts velvet corduroy and I'm in love....  and I posted it on my FB page and it sold within 5 minutes, now that is a sign of a great card :) 


And I was on a bit of a roll and made another card....



Cards Blog Challenge this month is to use these colors and they're giving away a great Paper Smooches prize.  So I thought I'd play along, especially since the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week is "Anything Goes."

Materials: Hero Arts tweed background stamp, The Crafts Meow Inspired by Aubrey sentiment, Lil Inker stitched mats, May Arts ribbon and natural burlap string, Tim Holtz distress inks tumbled glass and ripe persimmons, button from Artful Delight card kit, PTI card stock, Perfect Pearls

Second card: Unity Stamps, Hero Arts Tweed background, May Arts back corduroy ribbon, Spellbinders label, Versafine black ink, white watercolor pencil, Stampendous white embossing powder, black card stock

Third Card: Paper Smooches Squeaky Clean and Sentiment Sampler, PTI card stock, Lil Inker stitched mats, Simon Says Stamps die, water color pencils, Versafine black ink, Glossy Accents

19 comments:

Lynn said...

You are seriously on a roll. I have to give the technique on the first card a try...it looks absolutely awesome! And the last card...oh my...perfect!!!

Karen B. said...

I agree with Lynn, you were on a crafty roll! All these cards are just amazing!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous cards. I love your take on the sketch on the first one and how you used our colors. Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jessica said...

Great cards! Love the fun techniques! Thanks so much for playing along with the SPARKS challenge!!! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, these are amazing, Erin! I love them all equally. Just wow! I'm especially loving what you've done with the new Tweed Pattern.

Brenda C said...

Wow! I adore this card! Great job with the color challenge!

Emily Keaton said...

These are seriously fabulous, Erin! You know I love that camper card. I'm not surprised that it sold in just five minutes ;-)

Debby said...

Wow Erin, these are all fabulous! You are rocking the tweed pattern background! Oh and love the partial die cutting in the last card too :)

Gayatri said...

Both your cards are awesome. I LOVE the background on the first card and sentiment as the focal point.Great work, Erin!

Lisa Carroll said...

Fabulous cards! Love how you incorporate colors and textures! :) Thank you for playing along in the "Something New" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Kristen said...

love your cards, not sure if i have a fave, they all look great!!

xo, Kristina
Visiting from ABNH Challenge
Hope you'll visit me too <3
www.pearlgateway.com

yyam said...

Wow. These are amazing Erin. You are a card production machine!

Rose said...

way to rock the cards girl :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

I had the exact same thought as Lynn--you were seriously on a roll! These cards are A-MA-ZING, Erin! The different techniques and details are fab. And you've managed to enable me to get that HA stamp. ;) The first card is so funky and awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

wendipooh13 said...

both of them are stunning cards!! you rocked the color combos!!!

Janice said...

Great cards! Yay to you for the new techniques!

MS said...

Wow! You have serious talent in several styles! I love them all :) Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You always have so many creations to share on your posts--you inspire me!! Wish I could craft like you:)

LOVE that last card--fab colors!!! LOVE that die! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes challenge!!! Can’t wait to see what you create for this week’s challenge– Vintage:)

HUGS:)

Wida said...

what a cool card, I love the orange distressed vibe. congrats on your shout out at PDCC.