Card Recognition

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy Birthday card and tag


Happy Saturday friends...  I wanted to play along with the fabulous 10 Minute Craft Dash, so this morning in my pre-coffee state I tried to make a card using the technique Dawn talks about here, but then I cropped the card and totally misaligned the paper cutter chopping it off in a non-useable way.  So I left the chopped card went to the gym, the Farmers Market and then came home and had some coffee.



Take 2 of the same card (so I'm not sure if that's considered cheating) took me 8 minutes and 46 seconds (and that includes my mother walking in and talking to me while crafting).  I love that she asks who the card is for and I'm often answering, "No one, it's for a challenge" and she doesn't get it.  Moxie Fab World is having a Birthday Card Challenge, so this works for that one too.


But then I thought about how I should play along with the Moxie Fab World Birthday challenges before the deadline and I took that "ruined" card and turned it into a tag... so my tag-centric week on my blog continues :)  This tag also works for the CAS on Sunday "Tag It" challenge and this week's PTI Make It Monday "random background" challenge.

Materials: Card: PTI Bigger Blooms, WPlus9 Folkart Florals, PTI inks, card stock, Glossy Accents
Tag: PTI Bigger Blooms, WPlus9 Folkart Florals, PTI inks, card stock, Glossy Accents, May Arts Ruched Ruffle and Burlap String, PTI Tag It Sale die

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Hello my friend. I absolutely love this stamping. Oh la la. It is fabulous. Looking forward to hitting my craft room tomorrow!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, that drives me nuts when someone comes to talk to me when I'm doing a timed challenge.... I have to stop what I'm doing and pause the timer until they leave! LOL!
Your card and tag are so pretty! I'm not sure what you mean about cropping your card wrong-- it looks fabulous!
Thanks for much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

anja curvers said...

Hi,hi, I get that question often when I make a card and when I say I don't know yet they don't understand me at all. I like your card and tag. Thank you for joining us at CAS on sunday.

Unknown said...

Love these! Perfect stamping :) Thanks for linking up to CASOS too!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card and tag!! LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the stamping and the gorgeous color combo!

Betty said...

Your birthday set is amazing - love the CAS design - great job! Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

super cute set, those flowers are adorable!!!

Inge said...

I really like your tag! Such sweets stamps and colors! Thanks for joining CAS on Sunday!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erin! Thanks also for linking this up to the Birthday Tags & Wraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I LOVE the tag - a mistake turned beauty! I really love how you framed the sentiments on both - very beautiful. I love this set! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Dash!

Zw@@n said...

Lovely tag! I love the colours and the flowers. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma