Card Recognition

Monday, May 5, 2014

friend envelope wrap



Happy Monday morning crafty friends.  Today I'm playing along with the new PTI Make It Monday Challenge, envelope wraps.  I used the PTI half and half die on a lovely piece of letterpress scrap (the other side of the paper give directions to a wedding on St. John in the Virgin Islands) and was able to extend the die to the length I needed by not cutting it all the way out and using a paper trimer.  I borrowed the little man's metallic water color paints and used PTI Bigger Blooms and frame, plus a Wplus9 sentiment.  I added a cork heart on the back for my envelope seal and to get the splatter look on the envelope used both white mist and the end of the paint brush.

I had a busy weekend, our little town's First Friday Art Walks returned, click here for the photos I took (and spent hours editing).  And was happy to support our local bookstore for California Bookstore Day and the launch of my friend's new book.  And this week-- anyone want to come to my card making class?  On that note, off to tackle my work day, mount laundry here I come!

6 comments:

Marybeth said...

That was fast Erin. It turned out great! Love the added cork.

Lynda said...

Wow, Erin, this is lovely!

Linda said...

So cute, Erin.

Lynn said...

Did I tell you Pat went back to work? holy cow is that creating havoc at our house :)! Happy for him, but the cleaning lady has now been hired. Started today...sorry...your talk of laundry got that tangent started.

Love your sweet envelope...flowers and the cork are perfect.

~amy~ said...

What a great technique! You had a busy weekend!

Nancy Penir said...

Loving all your photos Erin.
also love that you watercolored this beautiful die cut. Pretty envelope!