Card Recognition

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

thank you coffee pillow box




Good morning... So I like making coffee goodies and while looking for inspiration this morning I decided that why don't I just make a coffee thank you project for a teacher gift?  I used the Reverse Confetti Be A Barista coffee cup and their current color challenge.  Because the box of recycled coffee holders had spilled all over the floor at some point in time, I decided to use one for the tag so I could play along with the Addicted to CAS "texture" challenge.  And because we already know that I have a May Arts ribbon addiction problem, I used orange faux canvas, pink silk and light pink burlap string ribbons.  The sentiment is Hero Arts and the dies and stripes are from the PTI Building Blocks set.  I colored part of the cup with water color pencil and the other part with my fun metallic watercolors.  The coffee rings are from a Hero Arts Stamp Your Story set and finally I misted the tag and pillow box and used some white Distress Stain to add the white to the tag.  And for those of you who wondered (i.e. Lynn, Jen and ~amy~), the photography show opening reception was fabulous!


4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this looks fabulous! I love the texture on the tag!

Vicki Dutcher said...

AWESOME!! I simple adore this box!! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

~amy~ said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I knew the reception was going to ROCK!!!!!!!!! Good for YOU my friend. So excited for you!!!!!

Your project...excellent! Love all the details and the corrugated tag. The silk ribbons are delish and a big high five on the coffee theme!

Darnell said...

Eeep!! This is extraordinary, Erin!! Thank you for joining the texture challenge at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell