Card Recognition

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

hello butterfly card



The Muse Club challenge is Therese's very cool card, and I experimented with this week's PTI Make It Monday challenge (instead of embossing ink I used clear embossing paste and the hexagon coverplate).  I stamped the Unity butterfly in white embossing powder first thinking it would show through, but it was too light (maybe I should've used something other then white?).  So I added a vellum buttefly and added some distress ink for the coloring.  I love the idea of this card, but there is a part of me that thinks if I redid it it would be better.  But that's not going to make today's agenda, so here's attempt #1 (and there may never be a redo!).  But I love tinkering away in my craft room...  so it served that purpose.  

6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Your card is amazing Erin, love the artsy background and that gorgeous butterfly!

~amy~ said...

NICE work!
Too many challenges...not enough time.

Ardyth said...

Very clever - I love how you've used the paste to create texture on your background. Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!! I love your card. Such a great take on the sketch! Beautifully done.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your background and very pretty butterfly!

Nance said...

I think your first attempt is beautiful! Love the background and gorgeous butterfly!