Card Recognition

Sunday, October 26, 2014

thanks card and tag



Last week I played along with the My Favorite Things sketch and won (wooo hooo!), so here's a virtual thanks, I'm sure that $20 gift card will end up costing me $50 with all the things I "need."  Simon Says Stamp is having a kraft challenge, with a focus on Hero Arts goodies, so I used my Hero Arts background stamp and cut it into pieces!  I've used the MFT tag die with the MFT heart die, plus the PTI thanks sentiment and some May Arts ribbon.  To create the background I heat embossed the background with white embossing powder and then layered the squares (some raised and some flat).  I used a SRM sticker for the faux stitching to add the vellum to the card.  


Below I used the same PTI thanks die, but used some of the MFT tags and snowpiles dies, plus some WMS trees and some more May Arts ribbon.  I was inspired by the new Tag Your It Challenge.




5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous use of kraft card stock and white embossing, Erin! The added tag and embellishments are lovely touches! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Get Crafty” Challenge!

Lynn said...

Oh that's a great take on the sketch and I love the trees peaking behind the sentiment. I'm need in of white card stock and was just thinking it is going to cost me a lot more!

Evelyn S. said...

I love a big greeting! This is such a pretty tag.

Leigh Penner said...

I love your fabulous card and your super sweet tag!

donna mikasa said...

Love your tag! Such a fun design!