Card Recognition

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

coffee tag



Coffee tag...  so this week's PTI Make it Monday is to use baby wipes to create your own ink pad with ink refills and I only have one color (how is that possible?).  (And yes, I was thrown off by the delay in the posting of the challenge, so please forgive me for being tardy, I missed my crafting window).  So I tried the technique and added some distress stains to the baby wipe and got this lovely coffee cup, it has a nice gradient feel.  After stamping the coffee cup one, I did it again with the outline stamp and then fussy cut it out (b/c I spent a good 10 minutes looking for the die and couldn't find it).  I had this colorful chevron background floating around from my stash raid for Virginia's View challenge and thought it would work well with the tie-dye feel from the challenge.  To finish off the tag I used the PTI newspaper print and PTI Latte Love coffee stamp and added 3 different types of May Arts ribbon.  Hope everyone had a lovely day... I'm still wondering when I'm going to finish my to do list (considering I made this project 16 hours ago and I'm just now posting it at the end of my day).  Tomorrow, that's the answer....  

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love all the colorful inks you used with PTI's MIM challenge. The tag turned out awesome!

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty Love that cup and the stamping effect is super Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Colleen said...

The tag is awesome and you were very inventive to use what you had! Crafters are clever like that!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...what a great way to make your tag so bright and colorful! Love it! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Love all the elements you crafted on your tag! The coffee cup is adorable, so smiled when I saw how you stamped the tag bg.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful tag, love how the coffee cup turned out!!

Anonymous said...

Erin your tag is so cute. I love how your inking turned out. The tea cup is pretty against your background.

Birgit said...

A perfectly sweet tag! Love how the colors came out.

Virginia L. said...

I just love how you pulled all this together! Such a sweet tag, Erin! I love the Chevron BG and use of text! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Helen F. said...

Such a cool (or hot :) coffee tag, Erin. I like the pretty effect you created on the cup. The chevron panel looks fab on the newsprint too.

Robin K. said...

Love the combination of elements! Your coffee cup has a wonderful "artsy" look!